Saturday, August 3, 2013

August Goals- July Reflections

Poker



After filtering for just 7-9 players the downswing near hand 120k- seems less steep as well as the break-even stretch.

This was due to a spew session where I lost 6 bi's in a period of 1k hands at 6max zoom - 100nl; as well as playing poorly when starting tables and short-handed at the full-ring tables.

I was very satisfied with the overall results however both the volume as well as the


The Numbers
51828.96 VPP's
215,954 hands played
2948.83$ table winnings
1650 hands/ hr

Since I'm calculating SNE (1mil VPP's as a worth of averaged 100k)- 5182.96 VPP's would average out to approximately $5182 in RB.

$5182.96
$2847.83
________
$8030.72  - Net Profit for the Month ; the graph calculation is based off of 47% rakeback which is more or less 500-600k VPP mark.

The Game

The main reason why my graph would've been better but isn't is simplified through one phrase; The Pareto Principle.

Given that I'm playing close to 24 tables of just regular speed; or 4 tables zoom 12 tables regular; It's very difficult to try and squeeze the marginal value out of every situations.

The Mind is an exhaustible source of energy, and by using the majority of my energy constructing on where 80% of the profits come from ; "the big decisions" and 20% of the decisions on the "little decisions" not only would game-play be sped up but so would mistakes.

Very frequently I would tire myself out and fancy play in 'attempts' to get the marginal value out of a specific hand; whilst not seeing the obvious 'Fat Value' situation in front of me.





Life , because a  balance nourishes the mind. 

This month not only have I started on the nicotine patches; but have worked through the 'Habitrol' 3- step program to slowly reduce the dosage of nicotine which I am receiving.

Living on campus in university led to a huge diet comprised of McDonalds, Soft-Drinks, Coffee, and sour-keys. . . and complete lack of exercise.

Started on a relatively stricter diet comprised of high protein and lower amounts of fat, as well as regular workout routine throughout the week.

A side project was also started by myself in order to get closer to the less fortunate community of the beautiful city I live in; Vancouver. Interviewing homeless people, visiting the shelters, and handing out some food the homeless.


Goals For August
- Enforce better time management skills
- Interview few more homeless people
- Update blog more regularly to increase accountability
- Workout 3-4x a week
- Continue playing as much of my 'A' Game as possible
- Aim for 250k+ hands.
- 180h
















7 comments:

  1. Grats on the very + month danny. What do you profit more from usually, regular tables or zoom? Or do you find them pretty similar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting question.
    I only just started Reg-Speed tables; for the moment I think ZooM, and its' just be cause I have notes on the regs that play there.

    For the Reg-Speed tables I'm sure that winrate wise it would be higher since you can table select, seat select carefully.

    However since I mainly jump on any table at reg-speed, and not knowing any reads on them . . it's hard.

    More or less similar imo~ =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey
    just got here and read about your "smoking problem"...
    just my opinion (i quit smoking after 6 years after several attempts i made it) but you should get away from that nicotine patches / smoking less etc. things, nicotine is nothing, after 3-6 days non-smoking it should definitely be out of your body.
    it's 98% brain power you need after that day, and you've recognized smoking is bullshit ;)
    every smoker will envy you if you can do it, even they pretend they love to smoke.
    just fight the devil, smoking is gay, though it looks cool in movies sometimes :)

    best of luck
    wolf (germany)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to have pretty good work ethic. Hope you reach SNE. I recall you posting pretty crazy graphs of your winnings at 50NL zoom on 2+2 last year?

    Are you still in school? Or has poker become your FT job?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it's more of part time , I'm taking a gap year off school to do some side projects.

    Have ideas of starting YouTube channel with a.buddy as well as get more involved with homeless community here .

    Thanks !:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey danny! PeixeFeliz here, i play zoom 100 6-max with you. Nice blog. I'm following from now-on. I'm brazilian but i lived 4 months in Vancouver last year. Great place, best experience of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Pexie

    Heyy ~ See you on the tables haha I'm pretty sure you called me down light against one of my crazy bluffs hehe =P~.

    How's the month been treat'n ya?

    ReplyDelete