Thursday, October 31, 2013

October Review- November Goals- $20,000+ Month

October Review- November Goals- $20,000+ Month

Poker

Not much to comment actually this month went surprisingly well for me in terms of both win rate and table profits. Nearing the middle of my month I had several ridiculously swingy days  Along with the 72s Promotion and a lot of run hot in the beginning/ middle of the month and breaking out of that downswing near middle I was able to take a shot at 200nl again. 


This month almost 95% of my volume was 6-tabling zoom. Either 3/3 of 100nl (Full Ring and 6 Max) or 3/3 (100nl / 200nl) 6-max games. As opposed to last month where the majority of my volume was 8-tabling; I was able to cut my volume by 25% and increase win rate by close to 3-fold. *Good trade off if you ask me =)* 

Yesterday was possibly the last day I will have played this month as it is Halloween and it is off to the bars/parties to celebrate with lots of candies, cheers, and handing out with friends. 

Since a lot of my friends are in University right now and it's just around the period of time when they're through with their first set of midterms it's a great time to celebrate! 

I ended up taking several days off this month for thanksgiving, hanging out with friends, and going to the movies. 

Turkey/Duck Kept warm in oven
Thanksgiving actually was more of like a 2-3 day holiday as family friends came over for dinner that night; but also the days preceding it was followed by us eating at their homes. 

After the bloating thanksgiving dinners, buddies of mine would go to karaoke and then proceed to the local pub to have a few cheers and shoot some pool (snooker). 









The Numbers

I was pretty stoked when Full-Ring 200nl-Zoom ran for a period of time. . actually 1 day couple hours.

I need to learn to stop sitting on the regular tables(non-zoom games). I happen to be terrible at table-selection as well as playing 4-zoom games while stacking 12 regular tables on the side . . isn't particularly my strong point. 

200nl went much better than last month where I lost about 5bi's. I believe my peak for the month was around $15k pre-rb; however due to horrendus run-bad and play-bad last night (costed me $2k) my win rate at 200nl was butchered. 
I was able to get in nonetheless about 93k VPPs despite playing only 65% of the volume I did last month. It did affect me by only reaching about 70% of my expected "VPPs". Currently Sitting on about 825k VPPs for the year and really need to kick it up a notch in November if I plan on continue finishing SNE a week or two in advance. 

Goals Recap

Previous Goals that were set last month:  I fell short of my VPP goal of 100k+ VPPs, as well as having several 10-20 bi downswings within this stretch of month. Most certainly updated Blog more frequently than last month almost twice as much!. Overall I'm more or less satisfied with October as it turned out, not too particularly excited but not too disappointing. 

I took about 5-6 days off this month; with 1 or 2 days where I put in only about an hour or two worth of grind. Exactly 200 hours played this month which is on the lower side of my expectations.

Always room for improvement!



Goals for November 

  • Continue working out 4-5x a week
  • Earn at least 125k VPPs
  • Continue winning at 200nl-zoom; 
  • Improve my game and winrate
  • Improve my C-Game as well as B-Game.
  • Play 85% of hands while not mentally tired/tilted
  • 240h/ 375k hands. 
  • Manage Time much better






13 comments:

  1. very inspiring me.thanks for the post.Keep it up!!
    btw,can u show yearly gragh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't have all the hands for this year as it lags my hm2 .

      I'll post graph from the start of this blog in December as a year end graph :).

      Delete
  2. very nice sir....... do you offer coaching? gl in november

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately due to me chasing sne I don't think I will have much time for that.

      I will be more than happy to refer you to some coaches/players that helped me a ton if that is what you're looking for :)

      Delete
    2. pls do that..... Will you offer choaching next year?

      Delete
    3. How is the fitness going by the way?

      Delete
    4. Mmmm prob we'll see
      Do u have Skype?

      Delete
    5. Fitness going good. Dropped solid 17lbs since aug and seeing some abs :)
      Might post some progress pic later

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely insane! congrats!

    ReplyDelete