Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April Mid-Month Update #Upswing#Heater#$14,000

April Mid-Month Update #Upswing#Heater




It's been a long time since I lasted updated this blog, primarily due to the amount of run-bad and spew I had in March. Last weekend had one the sickest single most heaters of my life at around hand 80k-ish or so. I typically don't get too involved deep. 

Spent the entire month at 100nl- 6max and 100nl- full ring both zoom tables, maybe if the heater continues I'd set a new monthly record for myself. I personally don't think I've changed my game too much recently and almost 100% of the results are a result of variance and being able to control tilt.

Despite how smooth the results may seem I've actually spewed a ton this month, probably due to playing a lot of hands extremely deep vs a few regs. 

I've realized how easily one can underestimate variance, the good kind as well as the bad kind. It's easy to change your game due to variance induced downswings, and fall into the trap of "Changing what Ain't Broke". Attempting to change a "winning game strategy" completely because of a mild downswing or run-bad can result in further downswings. 

Over the last 140k hands works out to be about 7bb/100 which is quite awesome, but unlikely sustainable at 100nl-zoom tables. Also the first month I've made more at the 6-max tables than the full-ring zoom tables which is new for me as well.

Good luck to everyone else on the tables =)~ 

14 comments:

  1. Nice volume! You play 4 tables or 8?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as a 6max player can you nit up and play FR of the same stake quite easy? I play 8 tables but i mix stakes instead of doing FR/6max

      Delete
    2. It usually results me playing a lot more laggy and spewy fr .

      I think I'm one of the more spewy laggy regs at fr zoom.

      Delete
    3. Been mixing NL25 FR into my grind 4x 6max 4x FR and been going great so far lol
      http://i.imgur.com/sBzDHDH.png

      should have done this long ago =p

      Delete
  2. how many hours /wk?
    I've been switching back and forth between Stars Zoom and FR Rush and can't seem to settle. hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to put in 40h a week, but if something comes up it's flexible .

      Just trying to put enough hours to maintain SNE though

      Delete
  3. Yeap, variance is a bitch. Been running pretty awful this month with lead to spew and poor play, as u probably saw haha. Nice results man, gl! Lemayr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( spewed a solid 10bi to you yesterday playing deep bleh.

      Hope you run better soon !:) it will happen

      Delete
  4. Wow!!! Sick graph, congratz danny!!! How was march?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March was awful

      I think maybe 4k after or something ran a solid 2k below ev tho.

      Will post a year to date graph end of month prob

      Delete
  5. Hello there!

    Very Interesting stuff you've got going here. Great results so far and congrats on obtaining SNE playing NL100! I may be going for it next year if everything goes well till the end of the year. So we'll be seeing each other quite often. Btw, why aren't you considering moving up to 200NL? Not as much profitable? What's your overall bb/100 on 100NL Zoom tables?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lifetime at fr -about 2.7bb
      At 6m bout breakeven

      Bout 1-2mil hands of fr and 2-3m of 6m.


      Though over a period of time I spewed around 10-20k in maybe 200k hands a year ago

      Delete
    2. responded to your questions in my newest post regarding moving up =)~

      Delete